You’re travelling to a new place, and you find yourself going through real estate listings and hoping that one day you could live there—that city is Melbourne, Australia. It’s widely known as the world’s most liveable city and is the second-largest city after Sydney. It’s also a walkable city, and you can go on a day tour or more, depending on what’s on your itinerary.
Furthermore, it’s the most ethnically diverse place in Australia and the entry point to the beautiful region of Victoria. You can visit at any time of the year, but be sure to bring clothes for cold weather if you plan on going during the winter season. And here are some places you can go to:
1. Take Day Tour In CBD or Central Business District
If you’re planning to stay for a day or two, then you can visit CBD. Here you’ll find 3500+ eateries with a wide selection of international and local cuisines, coffee shops, and the like. You can take the Tram 35 to get a free city tour. Trams are also called in other places, and it’s quite slow as they will make stops on major attraction sites found in CBD.
- Queen Victoria Market – It’s an open area marketplace where you can do your grocery shopping. You can buy daily produce and unique souvenirs. You can even find Kangaroo meat here.
- Bourke Street Mall – It’s where you can shop and see street performers. You can also dine in the restaurants Bourke street Melbourne.
- Federation Square – This is where many cultural and community festivals are held.
- Parliament House – See art and architecture, and go on a garden tour in one place free of charge.
- State Library Victoria – It’s one of the oldest libraries in Australia. You can go there for free to work or read.
- Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria – This is where you can take a break and unwind after all the city tours you’ve done.
2. Go On A Helicopter Tour
Get a good look and witness spectacular views of Melbourne high up in the air. It will be an unforgettable experience for sure. It will give you a different perspective on the city with its magnificent skyline. This can be a good option for those who wish to see Melbourne but only have a few days to tour around.
3. Spend A Day Or Two In The Great Ocean Road
Take a trip out of the city and visit the Great Ocean Road, where you can bask in the wonders of nature. It stretches about two hundred forty-three-kilometre. To see most of the place, perhaps you can spend at least two days. Take the opportunity to learn how to surf, see the kangaroos and feed some birds that are native to Australia.
- Otway Fly Treetop Adventures – If you’re an adrenaline junkie, you might want to visit this rainforest and take a treetop walk or go on a zipline.
- 12 Apostles – Get your raincoats ready and see the beautiful rock formation up close.
- Bells Beach – It’s Australia’s surf capital. Hit the waves, wear a wet suit and get your surfboard ready.
- Tower Hill Wildlife Reserve – Experience Australia’s wildlife and see the native birds, emus, koalas, kangaroos, and echidnas.
- Warrnambool – It’s a good place to go scuba diving or whale watching.
- Port Fairy Folk Festival – Listen to local music while munching on food and enjoying drinks. The festival takes place in March every year.
4. Go On A Hot Air Balloon
Go on a hot air balloon tour and witness the sunrise with an overlooking view of Yarra Valley. This tour is an hour-long, and it comes with free breakfast. This is a perfect opportunity for you to go wine tasting on a Tastes of the Hunter Wine Tour, and visit a craft beer brewery after landing. You can also visit a few places while you’re there.
- Yarrambat Park – Get your picnic baskets ready and spend a day with your family.
- Stefani Estate – Take a few sips of wine while looking over a refreshing view of the vineyard.
- Blue Lotus Water Garden – Witness the lotus flowers and see other plants bloom.
- Cherry Hills Orchard – Experience Australia’s cherry growing tradition and go cherry-picking if you haven’t already.
- Four Pillars Distillery – Go gin tasting at Australia’s number one craft spirit.
- Woodlands Rainforest Retreat – Experience wildlife on a different level and book a cottage in the rainforest.
Find out why Melbourne is called the most liveable city in the world. Get ready for the experience of a lifetime and see the places mentioned above. You can go on a tour through the streetcars, also known as trams, on a helicopter, or a hot air balloon. It’s recommended to spend at least four days to see most of the places listed.