There are various medical conditions increasing on an alarming level. Although it is commonly said that old age brings along several health issues, it isn’t entirely correct. Several medical conditions are affecting adults these days.
This is precisely why businesses in the medical field are on a rise and many pharmaceutical investors provide support for research and development of drugs and medicine. Most adults are practically surviving on pharmaceutical drugs, and it’s only getting worse. In this article today, I’m going to highlight seven of the most prevalent medical conditions affecting adults worldwide. For anyone addicted to any kinds of medical pills, they need to undergo a drug detox because addiction of any kind is not safe for long term.
According to statistics, more than 23% of adults in the US suffer from arthritis. The figure goes up to 24 million, and it’s sickening. Arthritis is a severe joint disorder that can restrict your everyday routine, making even the simplest things difficult.
Symptoms of Arthritis
- Inflammation around or in the joints
- Muscle stiffness and fatigue
- Joint ache and tenderness
- Skin rashes around the affected area
- Reduced range of motion
- Decreased flexibility, weight loss, and anemia
Treatment of Arthritis
- Painkillers for reducing joint pain
- Biologic response modifiers
- Disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs particularly for rheumatoid arthritis
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs to eliminate joint inflammation
- Medical marijuana to combat joint inflammation and pain naturally
If you’re unsure about how to find medical marijuana strains for pain relief, you can check out Pot Cargo’s online dispensary.
Another disease that is commonly found in adults these days is diabetes. In diabetes, your blood glucose level is high, above normal. It usually comes from the food you eat, but genetics also play a vital role in the formation of the disease.
Symptoms of Diabetes
- Excessive weight loss
- Tingling sensation in hands and feet
- Dry skin and blurry vision
- Excessive thirst and unstable appetite
- Frequent urination, especially at night
- Fatigue and slow wound healing
Treatment of Diabetes
- Regular intake of insulin in the form of pills or injections depending on the severity of the disease
- Dietary and lifestyle changes including, everyday exercise and a controlled meal plan
- Pharmaceutical medicines to lower blood glucose level
Cardiovascular disease, also known as CVD, is common in adults with diabetes and hypertension issues. Smoking is another cause of CVD in adults. As mentioned in a 2018 survey report, around 30.2 million adults in the US have cardiovascular disease.
Symptoms of the Cardiovascular Disease
- Swollen limbs, particularly arms
- Constant dizziness and fatigue
- Hyperventilating with a little activity
- Numbness or pain in legs and arms
- Chest discomfort and pain in the neck, upper abdomen, back, jaw, or throat
Treatment of the Cardiovascular Disease
- Cardiac rehabilitation, including dietary and lifestyle changes
- Pharmaceutical drugs to reduce low-density lipoprotein cholesterol
- Blood thinners to regular blood flow
- Value repair in case of heart damage
- Coronary artery bypass grafting in severe cases
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
The chronic obstructive pulmonary disease also called COPD is used for a group of lung conditions. All the medication conditions included in COPD bring along severe breathing problems. It mostly happens due to damage to the lung sacs and tissues surrounding the lungs. Chronic bronchitis is a common example of COPD.
Symptoms of the Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Unintended weight loss
- Recurring respiratory infections
- Chest discomfort or tightness
- Wheezing and frequent cough
- Hyperventilation and lack of energy
- Overproduction of mucus that may be greenish, yellow, or white
Treatment of the Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Lifestyle changes, including quitting smoking or vaping
- Inhalers to regulate the breaking rate
- Antibiotics to reduce the production of mucus
- Herbal remedies like steam baths to get rid of the accumulated mucus in the lungs
- Other pharmaceutical drugs from a trusted pharmacy distributor to eliminate inflammation
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Polycystic ovary syndrome is pretty common among female adults. It’s a hormonal disorder that is mostly caused due to the abnormal production of specific hormones, such as androgens. It may like an insignificant issue, but it can affect your reproductive system adversely.
Symptoms of the Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- Excessive weight gain, particularly around the belly
- Hirsutism, which is a term used for excessive body hair
- Presence of cysts and enlargement of the ovaries
- Irregular and painful menstrual cycle
- Hair thinning or male-pattern baldness
- Difficulty in conceiving or infertility in severe cases
Treatment of the Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- Contraceptive pills to regulate the menstrual cycle
- Intrauterine system to keep the womb lining thin
- IVF treatment for women with fertility problems
- Ovulation stimulators for women trying to conceive
- Lifestyle changes; for example, adding more greens to your diet along with regular exercise
Osteoporosis is a bone condition that is usually caused due to the loss of bone, when your body makes less than required bone, or both. In osteoporosis, your bones become fragile, so you’re more prone to fractures and injury.
Osteoporosis is more common in female adults than male adults. As mentioned by the International Osteoporosis Foundation, one in three females suffer from osteoporosis.
Symptoms of Osteoporosis
- Bones that break easily, even with the slightest bump
- A stooped posture
- Loss of height after sometime
- Persistent backache due to collapsed vertebrae
- Trouble bending down and twisting the body
- Decreased range of motion and flexibility
Treatment of Osteoporosis
- Hormone-related therapy
- Monoclonal antibody medications
- Bone-building pharmaceutical medicines
- Regular physical activity, including yoga and resistance exercises
- Dietary changes with high consumption of calcium and vitamins
Apart from the medical conditions mentioned above, cancer has become extremely common these days. It is hitting everyone, regardless of age and gender. A massive number of adults from around the world are struggling with cancer.
Although lifestyle and dietary changes cannot really help combat a chronic illness like cancer, they can help prevent it. Remember that charity begins at home. You must take certain measures in order to keep all such medical conditions at bay.
Life is becoming more and more complicated with a growing number of medical conditions. It’s sad to see millions of adults suffering in their day-to-day life. Yes, prevention is better than cure, but you must not ignore a disease once it’s diagnosed.
Get yourself checked every three months and make sure to stay away from filthy habits like smoking and drinking that are culprits behind various medical conditions. Rest assured, there’s always a cure for everything. Thereby, you don’t need to worry about it. I wish you healing, my pals!